10/5/11

Caught in between...




Going back, rediscovering your roots, reliving the life you once lived, make me realize a lot of things - how simple my problems were, that even the smallest of things can make me happy, that I have not been in-touch with the people I used to love hanging out with, that places my friends and I used to go are now packed with unfamiliar faces; that through time, I have turned into a stranger to a place I once claimed my own. 

In my hotel room, while packing my clothes up, I thought to myself, "tomorrow, I am back to the real world; that when the plane touches down and passengers start to disembark, I will again have to ride that shuttle to the train station, hail for a cab to take me home, with the hope that I won't have to go to the negotiation part with a driver who never seems to be content with what's shown on the taxi meter.  


I got off the cab, walked towards the gate, reached for the lock and opened it.  

In my room, I thought to myself again, "nakakapanibago...." Just as I was about to go to sleep I realized, "Even though I love the life that I am living now, I surely miss the life I had before."

April 27, 2010
10:24 p.m.
Quezon City


No comments:

Post a Comment